1.6

It’s been hard to keep up with all the lies and exploitation from Apex, but here are some examples: 1. In August, Apex claimed Medicare rejected the claim for my ambulance service, but Medicare has no record of the claim ever being submitted (they have a system to track all clams, whether paid or not).

The Apex billing manager recently admitted the claim was never submitted! 2. Apex claimed Medicare doesn’t allow for provider discounts of more than 50%, but multiple Medicare reps verified that they have no such rule, and they don’t regulate discounts. Providers are free to discount bills however they choose (many providers reduced my medical bills far more than that).

3. Apex claimed that Medicare would pay more than $439 for the ambulance but a review of Medicare payment schedules shows that they would only pay about $295 for an equivalent trip (and NOT the original bill of $920 or the still inflated $460 Apex is demanding from me now). The expenses for a relatively short trip like mine is surely under $100 for labor, gas and supplies. 4.

The ambulance people should have told me that Medicare might not cover the ambulance trip because Apex recently stated they clearly knew that (besides, the hospital called Apex, NOT me). Apex should have provided me what’s called a ABN form (Advance Beneficiary Notice of Non-coverage) for Medicare and warned me I might be stuck with the bill. There was no such discussion or form and Apex admitted they never used an ABN for me! 5.

I asked Apex for copies of the bill they claim they submitted to Medicare, copies of the Medicare rules prohibiting discounts over 50%, and a copy of their claimed Medicare estimate of $439.02 cost, but they have provided none of these documents. Apex staff has lied to me for weeks, refused to offer proof or documents and consistently acted in bad faith. This is how they treat people with serious illness.

They are willing to misrepresent Medicare rules and payments and exploit sick people for money! How corrupt is that?

Review about: Apex Paramedics Ambulance Emergency Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Constant deception, Lies, Exploitation.

Comments

I wanted to add some other complaints I found. What I went through is clearly part of a pattern.

I think you'll agree, these people abuse and exploit sick people and patients for money:

From Corie K. (1 month ago):

The paramedics were very personable and professional. The administration staff are the absolute *** of the Earth. I had transport from the ER to the hospital for stroke symptoms and they are refusing to code it as an emergency so my insurance won't pay for it.

Even Aetna staff who have seen everything have called this appalling. One representative said that in her 18 years working in this industry she'd never heard anything like it. Their staff yelled at and hung up on me. I'd say avoid at all costs, but when you need an ambulance you aren't in a position to find an honest business.

I know I wasn't.

From Roger C. (5 months ago):

Of the Apex Paramedics staff that I met in the 4 mile ($400/mile) ambulance ride, I give them high marks. However the back office and ownership staff are like any other paramedics. They don't accept insurance payments and absolutely refuse to reduce any portion of the bill for any reason.

I did not have a choice of paramedics and forced to pay what they demanded. They are *** that feed off the people that can least afford to pay.